We here at IRR know from first-hand experience the excitement and exhilaration of race day mornings at IMS. There’s no grander, more magical place to be in the entire racing universe than in Speedway, Indiana on race day (and conversely, no place better avoided every other day of the year).
The sights, sounds and smells are truly unforgettable, leaving their indelible mark upon the memory – and that’s just from the porta-johns outside the Speedway. So in honor of IMS’s profit center – er rather, race – today, here are eleven reasons why the Indy 500 shall always be first in the hearts of our countrymen – and vastly superior to today’s goings on.
Eleven Key Reasons the Indy 500 is Better than the Brickyard 400 –
1. Slightly more intelligible accents amongst the fans (“ya’ll come back, now, ya hear?”)
2. 30+ mph of pure speed, which equals danger
3. Slightly less intelligible accents amongst the drivers (exotic, sophisticated and European)
4. Sexier, sleeker racecars (now, thanks to that bull riding fellow, featuring 100% more bumpers)
5. More Robin Miller
6. Less Daryl Waltrip (“Boogity” on outta town, Daryl)
7. “Title sponsor? We don’t need no stinkin’ title sponsor!”
8. 24/7 AJ Foyt webcam (now with even more napping)
9. Better weather
10. 100 more miles of racing (in a shorter period of time)
11. Wine, cheese AND racing chicken – what a culinary combo!